All PC servers will come down for the following update on Wednesday, January 11, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CET). The downtime for this update is expected to last up to 2 hours.
- As of this update, completed missions will automatically provide rewards when completed.
- Fallback mission rewards have been added for players capped on the reward currency a mission would provide.
- Removed the mission accepted messages from the Message Courier and Bounty Hunter missions.
- Added an additional "soldiering" (infantry-focused) mission to the daily pool, increasing the total daily mission count to 7 for all players.
Upcoming Missions Changes
- Starting in February, changes to the Overview screen will prevent stockpiled missions from being redeemable. Please claim any stockpiled missions you have before February to ensure you receive the rewards.
- Additionally, a few of the Subterfuge Directive missions will be making their way into the Black Market and Nanite Systems mission pools to diversify mission types further.
Capture the Conduit (CTF)
- You can now see the flag counts on contested CTF bases from any zoom level, and we've drawn more attention to the map icons.
- Added Codex entries for Conduit Repositories and Conduit Podiums.
- Reverted Elli Tower on Esamir back to a Control-style base.
- Picking up a Conduit while Infravision is equipped no longer blinds the user.
Upcoming CTF changes, but not in for this update:
- A countdown timer will be added to the Repo when hacked, similar to a generator.
- Repo HUD indicators will blink while being hacked (currently only the map icon does.)
Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Conquest (Prime Time) alert conditions now trigger at 750 on all non-Oshur continents (was previously 800,) and 600 on Oshur.
- Also fixed an issue preventing Conquest alerts from taking place on Hossin at all.
- Unstable Meltdowns once again use their restricted region layouts when activated.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a black, circular shadow to appear in the center of the screen.
- Did a consistency pass on the settings menu in the Character Create screen.
- Fixed an issue causing some ANT mining lasers to show as having critical ammo counts on the vehicle right-side HUD.
- Fixed a camo issue with the Usurper cockpit cosmetic.
- Fixed an issue causing some weapon magazines to disappear during reloads.
- Elysium Spawn Tube and Caltrops are once again immune to Sniper Rifle (resist type 20) damage.
- Fixed a geometry exploit possible at Nason's Defiance on Hossin.
- Adjusted FoV of VX29 Polaris to put it in line with other VS LMGs.
- Fixed an issue with the NS-30 "Gungnir" Vandal's bolt sliding during the short reload animation.
Hey there. While we're still lining up the calendar for the entirety of 2023, we're currently working to stabilize some aspects of the game here in January. That includes better in-game anti-cheat measures, diagnosing problems with server performance (particularly on Emerald,) and improvements to Capture the Conduit. This year we'll be making a major effort to return to systems that have untapped potential, and tighten the game up as much as we can. We'll be sharing more of the plan for this year later in the month.
-Wrel, Lead Designer