- GAME LEVEL MENU ITEMS
- PLAY FREE
- PC Version
- PS4 Version
- » PLAY FREE « PC Version PS4 Version
- ACCOUNT LEVEL MENU ITEMS
- Log in
- Create an Account
- My Account
By: Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
Almost every gamer has that moment where they think, "I want to help create a video game." This no longer has to be just a thought or a dream! With Sony Online Entertainment's (SOE's) program, "Player Studio," creators willing to put the time and dedication into creating art assets, can have their shot at the big leagues!
Player Studio is a program that invites players to design virtual in-game items for sale in the SOE Marketplace. Creators are able to earn royalties (real money, in US Dollars!) from the sale of their items.
Player Studio is one of SOE's most successful community driven programs to date. Players have submitted more than 2,000 item creations since the launch of Player Studio eight months ago, and nearly 470 have made it into the Marketplace.
During GDC SOE released an all-new Player Studio video that highlights the program's popularity in the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2. Watch the video to hear how much money some of the program's most successful creator have earned and learn more about the success of Player Studio.
A quick look at the facts:
- Player Studio items make up more than 10% of the total in-game item sales in January and February of 2014
- 35% of all cosmetic items purchased in January and February of 2014 were Player Studio creations
- The #1 Player Studio item is the Avalon Helmet, which accounts for 14% of total Player Studio Sales
- Michael Duong’s two camo patterns represent 12% of all Player Studio camo sales
Also, in case you missed the news, last week, the team announced that players can now make cosmetic attachments for the Harasser ground vehicle. PlanetSide 2 will continue to open new cosmetic slots for creators, and players can look forward to designing melee weapons, optics, additional vehicle attachments, and more!
For further information on Player Studio, go to https://www.planetside2.com/player-studio!