Are you ready to get Battle Rank 100? Good news! To celebrate the release of Hossin, we have a Double XP weekend for all players July 18th-20th. The development team wanted to help you out, so we went out and gathered some interesting data and tips for you.
There are a bunch of ways to get XP bonuses in game that all stack with each other and the bonus from the Double XP weekend. Here's a list:
- Continent Lock Hossin. There is a different benefit awarded to the empire that locks a continent. Locking Hossin gives a XP bonus, so when that alert pops jump over there and help your empire dominate!
- Underdog It. Playing on a continent where your empire has the lowest pop gives you an XP bonus.
- Become a Member! This helps you in three ways: you get 50% bonus experience, you give your squad mates bonus XP, and you get access to monthly Member's Only Double XP weekends. In fact, there is a Member's Only Double XP weekend scheduled for July 25th-27th.
- Buy a Boost. XP Boosts are available at a variety of durations and all their bonuses stack with other XP bonuses. For the best value get a Heroic Boost, its twofer giving you 50% XP for yourself and 5% for everyone else in your squad.
Train Your Skills
Practice makes perfect! Unsurprisingly, our stats show the more you play the more XP you earn. To jumpstart you with a little insider information, here is a list of some actions you can do in game that give bonus XP that you might not know about.
- Spotting! Not only does it help all of your allies, but it also gives you bonus XP when anyone kills someone you spotted.
- Healing, Reviving, Repairing, and Resupplying squadmates give some pretty significant bonuses.
- Become a transport driver. As a Galaxy pilot, you earn XP when those you're transporting get kill. When you deploy a Sunderer, you get a nice steady stream of XP from teammates spawning there.
- Stick around at the end of Alerts and Base Captures to get the XP at the end.
Now, before you jump in check out some of these training videos from Wrel. He covers a ton of topics suited to noobs and veterans alike.
Play Nice with Others
We've done extensive research and found that players who play in a squad earn 40% more XP per minute than those playing alone. People playing with their outfit earn 50% more XP per minute.
Convinced to join an outfit? Here are the top XP earners from last Saturday July 12th, maybe they are recruiting?
Tracking your personal stats is a good way to min/max your earn rates. There are a few resources out there on the internets to help you with this.
- Get the App. Track your progress anywhere with the PlanetSide2 app. http://www.appburst.com/apps/planetside-2-mobile-uplink-app
- Players Site. Check out our PlanetSide 2 Players site. You can see a ton of info there. https://www.planetside2.com/players
- Recursion Stat Tracker. We love the Recursion Real Time Stat Tracker. It gives you some great info and even has support for in game overlays. https://recursiontracker.com/
- DasAnfall Stats. Full of incredibly detailed historical stats for you character and others. You can see your earn rates and compare yourself against others. http://stats.dasanfall.com/