Soldiers of Auraxis!
This is a call to arms. Get ready to fight for your empire on a global scale in the PlanetSide 2 World Domination Series (PS2WDS) pre-season event! If you don’t have an empire, head over here and take our empire quiz. We’ll get you situated in no time!
Now for the event details!
- Start: September 16th, 2013 at 12:00 AM PDT
- End: October 28th, 2013 at 12:00 AM PDT
- Weeks start and end on Mondays at 12:00 AM PDT
- There will be a weekly objective for everyone (pre-season will have the same objective each week)
- Each week, we'll have an empire winner
- The event will last 5 weeks
- On the 5th week, we'll have the final winner of the entire pre-season event
- Every server will be involved and you'll be able to see the overall score for each empire as well as the overall score for each empire on a specific server
- Rewards will be given to every player who participated in each week’s competition on the global winning empire
The pre-season challenge is all about territory control, so conquer the world and hold it for as long as possible.
- Each hour that a territory remains owned by an empire that empire is given 3 points credited to that server.
- Each small outpost that is captured gives that empire 1 point credited to that server.
- Each large outpost that is captured gives that empire 2 points credited to that server.
- Each facility that is captured gives that empire 5 points credited to that server.
- Each week, the players who participated in the competition on the winning faction will attain: 3 Day Experience Boosts
- After the five week period, the players who participated in the competition on the winning faction will receive an: Empire Specific Decal and Title
The leaderboards will be updated with points from the territory control and captures that occurred in real-time, showcasing each server as well as the overall score for each empire. Players will be able to view scores by season, week, and current date. The PS2WDS site will go live on Monday, September 16th, 2013.
We’ll also have weekly recaps and all kinds of streams throughout the week, so be sure to tune into the PlanetSide 2 Twitch Channel.
As you may have guessed, this is a series, so we have future plans to make more seasons with new challenges and new rewards. If you have any feedback, be sure to leave us a message on the PlanetSide 2 forums.
Enlist and play for free at www.planetside2.com. We’ll see you on the battlefield soldiers!