The PlanetSide 2 Development Team has made some major changes to the World Domination Series (WDS) with the most recent hotfix. You can find more information about the update over on our forums, but to give you a quick run through of what to expect:
* The TAB scoreboard now lists the Daily, Weekly, and Season scores for each empire.
* The Map Region information panel now shows the current WDS scoring value for the region.
* Difficulty Modifier – The value of a territory for both hold and capture actions will now scale in value depending on the level of enemy presence on the continent.
* Top Dog Bounty – Territories belonging to the empire with the highest season score for the server will have a 50% increased capture point value to the other empires. This will make being the scoring leader more challenging.
* Small outposts: 10 for capture, 20 per hour held
* Large outposts: 30 for capture, 50 per hour held
* Major facility: 50 for capture, 100 per hour held
Due to these changes, we’re going to extend the World Domination Series Pre-season event for another week in order to find a fair winner for the WDS Pre-season event! This means the event will now end on October 27th, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT.
We hope that you enjoy the WDS update. Also, feel free to leave us feedback on the above changes after you get a chance to check them out.
We’ll see you on the battlefield, soldier!